Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Romantic Victorian 19th century paintings of children,English cottage,18th century clothing,

Hi everyone! I am so excited because there are now 100 bumble button followers! Who would of thought. To top that off there have been 28,000 page views! Just astounding.
My search for new images has turned up some real treasures. 
 First a fashion plate of stomachers? I can not remember the spelling or even if this is the right term. From 1770's Marie Antoinette and Colonial Williamsburg era.

A very Victorian painting of a little girl playing fairy.
Quaint English cottage. Is it tea time yet?
Warm sunny windows, one of my most  favorite places in the world.
 Thank you for your kind words. It is wonderful to hear from you. Please enjoy the pictures. Much love to all of you, Louise

5 comments:

Tania said...

simply love the fashion plate -thanks

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Lovely! Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that term too, "stomacher". Odd-sounding, isn't it! lol I guess we'd call them "camisoles" today.
Thank you for the lovely, lovely images!!
Have a nice day,
Hugs,
Diane

Sheila A. said...

Gorgeous...again. Thank you for more lovely inspiration.

Katlin said...

A bit late to comment, but I know the "stomachers" as Stays - they would later evolve into the corset. ^^